- Use equal quantities of milk and water. (Suggested amount: 1 cup of each)
- Thicken with flour as thick as you like it.
- Add a good pinch of sult.
- Add as much nutmeg as you like and as much sugar as the amount you make needs.
- Add a nice piece of butter.
- Taste it and add more of whatever it needs.
- “I like mine quite sweet so it will take a lot of sugar to make it taste right.”
- “Now isn’t that some receipt.”
- “It is good on this pudding.”
via Virginia Goucher Lehman
Recipe in Lillian Davis Goucher’s handwriting