- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 pint oysters
- 2 cups milk – half milk and half canned milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: paprika, parsley, new green onions (chopped)
- Heat together butter, Worcestershire sauce and celery salt.
- Add oysters. Heat gently until edges of oysters curl.
- Heat milk and add to oysters.
- Heat to just boiling and serve.
- If desired, garnish when serving with paprika, parsley or chopped tops of new green onions.
- Makes three servings and it is good.
via Virginia Goucher Lehman
Recipe in Lillian Davis Goucher’s handwriting