- 4 round buns
- 4 one oz. slices American cheese
- 1/2 pound ground round or chuck beef
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Split buns.
- Place slice of cheese on bottom half of each bun and place under broiler until cheese begins to melt.
- Brown ground beef and onions in skillet, stir in chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Spoon over grilled cheese and cover with top bun.
via Virginia Goucher Lehman
Recipe in Lillian Davis Goucher’s handwriting