- 1/3 cup Heinz wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup salad oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Shake well
- Ingredients above are for “Basic French Dressing”
- Honey French: Add 2 tablespoons strained honey
- Mint French: Add 1 or 2 tablespoons crushed mint leaves
- Roma Dressing: Add 2 cloves of garlic, split. Let stand overnight.
- Fresh spinach, hard cooked, eggs, wedges of tomatoes, onion rings with Roma dressing.
- Rainbow salad: Shredded cabbage, chopped green pepper, grated carrots, sliced celery, broken lettuce, tomato chunks, a little chopped cucumber, and sliced onion rings. Grated cheese on top. Toss lightly.
- Bermuda salad: Cauliflower separated, Bermuda onion thinly sliced rings, sliced stuffed olives. Add lettuce shredded. Toss well.
Lillian Davis Goucher’s recipe box.