- Baked crust for 8 or 9 inch pie
- 1 1/2 cups whole fresh or frozen red raspberries
- Juice from thawed raspberries and enough water to make 1 1/4 cups liquid
- 1 package raspberry jello
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Boil water/juice and add the jello.
- Stir off heat until dissolved.
- Add ice cream to hot liquid and stir to melt.
- Chill until mixture is thickened but not set – 25 to 30 minutes.
- Fold in raspberries.
- Turn into cooled, baked pie shell. Chill until firm – 30-40 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream and whole berries if desired.
- “Frances had it just plain and it’s good.”
via Virginia Goucher Lehman
Recipe in Lillian Davis Goucher’s handwriting