- Soak large (6 inch long or more) cucumbers in very cold or ice water for 5 hours.
- Cut lengthwise without paring into about 5 pieces.
- Pack very closely int quart jars with 3 stalks of celery and 3 slices of onion to each jar.
- Drain off any juice after packing
- Heat together 1 quart vinegar, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, and 1/3 cup salt.
- Boil well, pour over the cucumbers and seal.
- They will be ready in 4 weeks.
- Salad-like flavor, delightful, crisp and inexpensive.
Lillian Davis Goucher’s recipe box.